Seriously, it takes 10 minutes! Chinese Bolognese.

After driving around in the city all day, we decided that we were famished. I was lazy to cook. He had cravings. He wanted Chinese, and I thought Chinese restaurants were too far. But we both wanted food. After some thinking, I finally decided that it would take less time to whip up a great bowl of Chinese Bolognese, or black bean sauce noodles, than to drive to a restaurant.

10 Minute Chinese Bolognese
Often referred to as the Asian version of Italian bolognese, black bean sauce noodles are more extreme in flavor and much quicker to make. The black bean sauce that tops the noodles consist of ground turkey (traditionally minced pork), spicy black soybean paste, sweet bean paste, soy sauce, garlic, green onions and ginger. Once the sauce is well incorporated, it is served on top of hot Chinese noodles. Though in my photo above, the overwhelming amount of sauce buried the noodles underneath. This is why a famished cook should never be in the kitchen. It took less than 10 minutes and we knew we made the right choice after the happy filling meal.
Bolognese Steamed Buns

Not knowing what to do with delicious leftovers the next day, I decided that the rich flavoring would be a great bun, or bao, filling. So I made whole wheat bolognese steamed buns for lunch. I absolutely love steamed buns. I can eat them in any way imaginable, from BBQ pork filling to sweet sesame buns to just plain tasty buns. Mmm.

7 comments for “Seriously, it takes 10 minutes! Chinese Bolognese.

1. Kate @ Diethood.com
    March 20, 2011 at 8:36 pm

mmmm I like the filled steamed buns! That must have been a delicious lunch!

2. Peggy
    March 21, 2011 at 12:53 am

Oooh, I've never seen this bolognese before, but I'm definitely intrigued! I love black bean sauce as it is, but this brings it to a whole new level! =)

March 21, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I would have definitely smothered the noodles with that amazing looking sauce as well. My tummy just growled when I saw the Bolognese steamed buns; they look so tender and flavorful. Brilliant!

4. 5 Star Foodie
    March 21, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Awesome flavors with spicy black soybean paste and sweet bean paste and I love that it is so quick to make! It would sure be popular with my family, both the noodles and the buns!

5. Elra's cooking and baking
    March 22, 2011 at 3:17 am

Oh I love this. Would love to make it one day!

6. Bren
    March 23, 2011 at 3:13 pm

love it. what a great way to use leftovers. and a bowl of beef sounds good to me!

7. Cookette
    March 26, 2011 at 5:03 am

I've never seen this before- it looks great. The filled buns sound soooo good!