Simple Indulgence – Movie Night

Life has been so fast paced lately, in a good way, though I would hate for life to just pass us by without even realizing it. This theory also explains why my husband and I are not TV people. Yes, we rarely watch TV, shows, or anything. News is easily accessible with radio, phone, laptops, etc. right? Though there are good shows that I occasionally get addicted to like LOST or BSG. So when we decide to have a quiet movie night at home, it really is a special occasion! Every special occasion deserves something delicious, of course.

Argentinian Flank Steak with Chimichurri
served with Green Chile Cornbread

For our quiet night in, I made an Argentinian flank steak with chimichurri. I served the steak with a spiced up green chile corn bread. In my opinion, grilled flank steak tastes best when it is accompanied with a flavorful sauce like chimichurri. The pairing is just perfection. To add a little more excitement to the plate, I made a spiced up green chile corn bread to munch on. Enjoy the present and indulge in the simplicity of life!

8 comments for “Simple Indulgence – Movie Night

1. Peggy
    April 5, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Simple meals like this are just perfect for date/movie nights! Chimichurri is actually one of my favorite steak toppings!

April 5, 2011 at 4:30 pm

This brings me back to the Argentinian steak at 1810 in Pasadena when I visited you guys last summer. Your version looks much more refined; love how the large strips are blanketed with the chimichurri sauce. And that cornbread sounds like an amazing side. Bold colors and beautiful plating really set this dish off!

April 5, 2011 at 5:19 pm

this looks beautiful! i made carne asada (used flank steak) with cilantro the other day for my friends and i broiled it on high for a little under 10 minutes! it turned out so great!

4. 5 Star Foodie
    April 6, 2011 at 1:36 am

A wonderful dinner – simple yet elegant! The chimichurri's color is amazing!

5. Kimberly (unrivaledkitch)
    April 8, 2011 at 2:05 am

what a nice evening with a beautiful meal. the color of the plate is just jump at your beautiful with the rare steak and beautiful chimichurri gorgeous!

6. Stephanie
    April 12, 2011 at 1:21 am

Yum! What a nice dinner to have on a cozy night in! I'm really digging the color contrast between the pink steak and bright green chimichurri. Looks so fresh and delicious. 🙂 We watched Lost, too. I still don't get it. :-p

7. A little bit of everything
    April 13, 2011 at 4:21 am

I'm not a TV person either. i'm totally with you to celebrate movie night.
    your dinner sounds great

8. Chris and Amy
    April 15, 2011 at 12:27 pm

MMM…we love chimichurri. Great dinner!