Here comes volume 3! You have now braised the pork from Volume I and made some delicious mouthwatering waffled french toast sandwiches. Take what’s left of the braised pork and make a homemade pizza to share.
Arugula Braised Pork Pizza Makes one 12-16 inch pizza
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tbsp of white sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of beer braised pork
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 10 slices of mozzarella cheese (I cut half a mozzarella ball into 10 slices)
- 1/2 cup of toasted and crushed almonds
- 1 cup of baby arugula
- Arugula dressing: 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, 1/2 tsp of lemon juice, a dash of salt and pepper
- Stir water, yeast, and sugar together until dissolved. Add the olive oil (3 tbsp) and the salt. Stir in the flour until well blended. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil.
- In a shallow bowl, mix pork and tomato sauce. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Toast almonds, if you haven’t already.
- Top pizza with pork and tomato mixture. Then sprinkle the crushed almonds over the mixture. Top with slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, toss arugula with arugula dressing. When the pizza is done, just top it with arugula salad and serve.