It was chilly out and I loved nothing more than to stay home, enjoy a cup of french pressed coffee, and play with my puppy. This satisfying breakfast completed this perfect morning.
Cheesy Sunny Side Ups
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup of shredded pepperjack cheese
- 2 slices of Rosemary Olive bread (or any other type of bread you prefer)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and gently pressed with knife to release a little bit of juice
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- tabasco, for serving (optional)
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack 2 eggs into the skillet, one at a time, slowly. Cook for 1 minute and turn the heat to low. Sprinkle oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper on top of eggs.
- Toast bread with pine nuts in oven until pine nuts are slightly browned.
- After eggwhites begin to set around yolks (about 2 more minutes), sprinkle pepperjack cheese on top of eggs. Cook for about 1-2 minutes more until cheese is just melted.
- Rub cut garlic on top of bread slices. Place bread on 2 plates. Use a spatula and serve one cheesy egg on top of each of the two slices of bread. Sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve warm.