A November Morning: Cheesy Sunny Side Ups

It was chilly out and I loved nothing more than to stay home, enjoy a cup of french pressed coffee, and play with my puppy. This satisfying breakfast completed this perfect morning.

Sunny Side Up Eggs with Pepperjack Cheese and Mixed Herbs

Cheesy Sunny Side Ups
Serves 2

• 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of shredded pepperjack cheese
  • 2 slices of Rosemary Olive bread (or any other type of bread you prefer)
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled and gently pressed with knife to release a little bit of juice
  • 1/4 cup of pine nuts
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
  • salt and pepper
  • tabasco, for serving (optional)

1. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack 2 eggs into the skillet, one at a time, slowly. Cook for 1 minute and turn the heat to low. Sprinkle oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper on top of eggs.
  2. Toast bread with pine nuts in oven until pine nuts are slightly browned.
  3. After eggwhites begin to set around yolks (about 2 more minutes), sprinkle pepperjack cheese on top of eggs. Cook for about 1-2 minutes more until cheese is just melted.
  4. Rub cut garlic on top of bread slices. Place bread on 2 plates. Use a spatula and serve one cheesy egg on top of each of the two slices of bread. Sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve warm.

Skye the Sheltie Puppy

11 comments for “A November Morning: Cheesy Sunny Side Ups

1. Linda Harding
    November 6, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Delicious looking dish – could easily have that for my dinner tonight! Your puppy is just too gorgeous! I absolutely love her!

2. wok with ray
    November 7, 2011 at 5:31 am

Simple but looks delicious, Jessica! Oh, what a cute puppy. 🙂

November 7, 2011 at 10:23 pm

schmancy breakfast! love it :D. seriously, i love the style u add to your food :).

4. Nami | Just One Cookbook
    November 8, 2011 at 9:52 am

Nice combination of ingredients. Adding pine nuts is ineresting. I have pine nuts that I bought before and I wasn't sure what to do with it. I should try this on weekend morning. Looks yummy! My kids love the egg and cheese together, just like this!

November 8, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Sounds like the perfect morning to me! This looks hearty and fantastic…the pine nuts were a great addition!

6. Reem | Simply Reem
    November 8, 2011 at 5:08 pm

What a chic looking sunny eggs my dear….
    Love the idea of adding pine nuts, adds so much crunch and goodness…
    Beautiful!!!
    Love your adorable puppy, he is so cute.

7. Trix
    November 9, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Your pup is SO adorable, reminds me of mine a little bit. That really is a perfect day – good coffee, your dog, and this amazing dish!!

November 10, 2011 at 8:00 am

Breakfast of champions! Love the use of pine nuts and of course, garlic.

9. tigerfish
    November 10, 2011 at 5:50 pm

This will cheer me up on a chilly cloudy morning!

10. Stephanie
    November 10, 2011 at 8:50 pm

What a cute puppy! Those eyes are so adorable. And I would also be a very happy camper rising up to eat those cheesy sunny side-ups alongside a strong cup of coffee. Yum!

11. Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything}
    November 29, 2011 at 7:56 pm

this type of breakfast would definitely brighten my day on a grey November day