One of my favorite chefs, Tom Douglas is one of the million reasons why I love Seattle. A very, very important reason. Until I find a better pizza, a fresher grapefruit salad, or a better salmon kabob, he will remain a favorite of mine. Tidbits from Seattle.
I think I miss it already.
Chef Tom Douglas has a number of restaurants in downtown Seattle. I recommend Serious Pie for a casual lunch (no reservations and there’s usually a wait, so get there early, or late). And the “pizza special of the day” is almost always divine because of the fresh and seasonal ingredients he uses. For a more intimate dinner, I recommend Dahlia Lounge. For a people, open space, louder scene, I recommend Palace Kitchen. For sunday brunch, I recommend Lola. For the triple coconut cream pie that you can’t get enough of, go to Dahlia Bakery. Oh, and if you’re a fan of seafood, you can never go wrong with ordering anything from the sea.
- Pizza special of the day @ Serious Pie. We got a really good one this time, garlic sausage, green garlic, and parmesan pizza.
- Soft cooked duck eggs, garlic, spicy coppa, frisee pizza @ Serious Pie
- Alaskan coho salmon, bluebird farms farro, hedgehog mushroom, yakima almonds, dried cherry @ Dahlia Lounge
- Rotisserie roasted five spice duck, green garlic humbao, stir fried choy sum, ginger~scallion, chili sauce @ Dahlia Lounge
- Wild sockeye salmon kebabs, herb-caper relish @ Lola
- Triple coconut cream pie bite @ Dahlia Bakery