Tonight I craved for something a little different… and something that can be served on the dinner table within minutes. It is Friday afterall, right? Oh, I also wanted something pretty. Stawberries, feta and smoked almonds could seem like three separate ingredients, but they actually compliment one another amazingly well. If you are looking for a side dish or an appetizer to accompany your summer dinner, you must try this one.
Strawberries, Feta, and Smoked Almonds Salad
Adapted from Food and Wine
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5-6oz baby spring mix
- 1 box of strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 4oz of feta, crumbled
- 1 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard, honey, shallot, and vinegar. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the baby spring mix in a large bowl. Add strawberries, feta and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.