This month’s makeover theme is cold soup. I wanted to create something perfect for the summer days, something refreshing as an appetizer or first course for your backyard party. I got the idea form a type of chilled Persian yogurt soup. Enjoy!
Summer Floral Yogurt Soup
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 cups 2% plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- edible flowers
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread the walnuts on foil and toast for 10 minutes. Let cool then finely chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt and ice water. Stir in the raisins, dill, cucumber, walnuts, mint, chives, season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until very cold, about 1 hour. Serve the soup in cocktail glasses and garnish with edible flower petals. This tastes amazing with grilled bread!
Thank you to Natasha from 5 Star Foodie and Laz from Lazaro Cooks! as always. The two fantastic chefs who come up with these brilliant themes and ideas.