An easy 20-minute recipe. Now you don’t have an excuse not to stay in for dinner tonight. I mean, the combination of flavors you get from salty spiced chorizo, fresh cod filets, and cheesy pesto beans is just too good to pass up. It is also definitely one of those dishes that looks like it takes an hour to make. Effortless cooking is perfect for weekdays, don’t you think?
Chorizo Cod over Arugula Pesto Beans
Adapted from Serious Eats
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) pieces of cod
- 1 (2-ounce) piece of Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced (ask your deli person to thinly slice it for you)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Place the oven rack in the lower middle position. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the garlic, arugula, cheese, and 1/4 cup olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season the cod with salt and pepper. Layer the thin slices of chorizo on the top of each fillet like the scales on a fish. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Carefully place the fish (with its chorizo scales facing up) in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on the stovetop, then transfer to the oven until the fish is cooked through, 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from skillet and set aside. Add beans and 1 tablespoon of water to the skillet and heat over medium high heat until the water is evaporated and beans are warm. Stir in pesto. To plate, make a bed of the pesto beans, and top with the chorizo fish.