If you have a busy weeknight and a hungry stomach but refuse to eat out, yet again, then I think you and I have something in common: the desire to make a baby spinach pizza with sopressata and sriracha. Yup, baby spinach pizza with sopressata and sriracha. The entire recipe takes about 25 minutes to make, including rolling out your own fresh dough! It’s always worth making your own fresh dough rather than visiting the store because it is healthy and easy to do.
Baby Spinach Pizza, Sopressata, Sriracha
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tbsp of white sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp of sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped oregano, basil, mint
- 1 fresh ball of mozzarella (in liquid), cut into cubes
- 3oz of thinly sliced Sopressata (Italian dry salami)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir water, yeast, and sugar together until dissolved. Add 3 tbsp of the olive oil and the salt. Stir in the flour until well blended. Let dough rest for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 425F. Set one rack in upper third and one rack in middle.
- Prepare baby spinach salad. Mix baby spinach and mixed herbs in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Add mozzarella cubes and gently mix the salad to incorporate dressing with greens and cheese.
- Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil. Roll dough out (if it sticks, sprinkle flour) and roll it out as thinly as possible without tearing. Drizzle the dough with remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Drizzle sriracha across pizza, then use a brush and brush sauce to cover all of pizza. Sprinkle surface first with grated gruyere then with grated parmesan. Layer on sopressata over the pizza. Bake for 12 minutes. Turn on the broiler and move pizza to top rack to broil for 1 minute until cheese is golden and crust is slightly browned.
- Right before serving, add salad on top of pizza and serve immediately.
See what other FN bloggers cooked up using spinach!
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Skinny Hot Spinach Dip
Feed Me Phoebe: October Evening Lentil Soup With Spinach
And Love It Too: Grain-Free Spinach Pie
Cooking With Elise: Baby Spinach Salad With Cranberries, Spiced Pecans and a Maple Vinaigrette
Virtually Homemade: Three Onion Dip With Spinach
HGTV Gardens: Garden-to-Table: Spinach
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Whole-Wheat Pasta With Spicy Spinach and Peanut Butter Pesto
Thursday Night Dinner: Spinach Ice Cream
Cooking Channel: Fresh Spinach in Indian Recipes
Daily*Dishin: Spinach-Sausage Saute With Pan-Fried Gnocchi
Delicious Lean: Spinach Leaf Roll Ups
Bacon and Souffle: Baby Spinach Pizza With Sopressata and Sriracha
FN Dish: Stuff It With Spinach