How was your Thanksgiving? I spent a nice and relaxing week in a favorite city of mine, San Francisco. The personality, the active life, the hilly streets, the shoe department at the downtown SF Shopping Center and… the food. I had a nice night out at Acquerello in Nob Hill. It’s a classy, romantic, luxurious restaurant that serves incredible Italian cuisine. With Michelin Guide’s bias toward French restaurants in mind, Acquerello had to be out of this world to consistently receive a Michelin Star every year since the very first year San Francisco was visited by the Michelin critics.
Classic Tasting Menu
- Chef’s surprises for the evening (it was savory profiterole and a mini arancini)
- Delicate cauliflower budino, sharp white cheddar, broccoli, and brussel sprout leaves
- Lobster panzerotti, in a spicy lobster brodo with ‘Diavolicchio’
- Ridged pasta with ‘foie gras’, scented with black truffles and Marsala
- Truffle-stuffed chicken breast, leek custard, potato gratin, and shaved cremini mushrooms
- Amaretto-crusted ricotta cheesecake, candied citrus and saffron gelato
- Blackberry Bavarian with black pepper meringue, compressed plums and rosemary gelato
- Highlights: Setting was perfect, service was impeccable, and the sommelier will bring you the right wine.
It’s one of those starred restaurants that I would definitely visit again. It was just so worth it.