It’s Memorial Weekend! That one extra day really feels like an extra week to me! I suddenly find myself wanting to do ALL these things I haven’t done in awhile: sorting closets, rearranging furniture, hanging up some art I bought from Bali, hiking new trails, making waffles… In the spirit of this fun and productive weekend, I decided to have some fun with our dinner plates too. For dinner, I made meat loaf minis, lemony broccoli, and homemade waffles.
I am excited to announce that I am a member of Cooking Light’s blogger connection! It’s a great way to connect with other talented bloggers and to share delicious recipes from Cooking Light. Be sure to visit the bloggers’ profiles here:
Meat Loaf Minis
Recipe from Cooking Light
- 1 ounce fresh bread crumbs (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided into 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounce white cheddar, diced
- 1.5lbs ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- While breadcrumbs cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients. Shape into 6 (4 x 2-inch) loaves on the baking sheet (covered with parchment paper); spread 2 teaspoons ketchup over each. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until done.