Jerk seasoning is a pantry item you want to have. You can store it in an airtight container and just use some for seasoning whenever you want to grill chicken, fish, or vegetables. It makes an easy tasty dinner. To balance the spice, this easy scallion yogurt sauce also serves as a good dip on the side.
Jerk Veggies with Yogurt Sauce
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1lb thin asparagus, washed and cut in half
- 8 whole scallions, washed, roots trimmed off, and cut in half
- 1lb cremini mushrooms, washed and cut in halves
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the jerk seasoning spices together. In a very large bowl, combine the mushrooms, asparagus and whole scallions and gently toss with most of the seasoned oil.
- Light a grill and oil the grate. Working in batches, grill the vegetables over moderately high heat, turning, until tender and charred, 10 minutes per batch.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, minced scallions, lime juice and 2 tbsp of EVOO. Serve the vegetables with the yogurt sauce.