Flank is my go-to protein when I want a quick, easy and light dinner. Just because it’s the casserole-roast-bake holiday season doesn’t mean you can’t prepare a satisfying easy dinner from time to time. The flank is delicious on some greens, pasta, or in a sandwich!
- 1 flank steak, about 1.5lbs
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Grapeseed or other high smoke point oil
- Espresso or other flavored sea salt, or just sea salt with some garlic powder if you don't have any available
- Rub EVOO on both sides of the flank steak
- Season both sides of the flank steak generously with salt and pepper
- Oil the grill and heat grill on high
- When the grill is hot, place the flank steak down and grill for 5 minutes on each side (a total of 10 minutes will give you a medium-rare steak, add minutes and grill to your preferred doneness). Use a meat thermometer if you have one and grill to your desired internal temperature. 130-140 for medium rare, 140-150 for medium, and 150-160 for well-done.
- Once meat is done grilling, place it on a board and tent with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes so the meat stays moist and juice doesn't escape when sliced open.
- Slice meat thinly against the grain. Serve.
Copyright 2013 Bacon and Souffle. All Rights Reserved.