I am sharing an easy recipe for your after dinner craving or mid-day snack. It is satisfyingly crunchy and creamy at the same time. The roasted pears are served on top of whipped sweetened mascarpone and drizzled with a spoonful of a roasted almond, pepitas, and sesame seed mixture.
Roasted Pear Crumble with Sweet Mascarpone
- 2 ripe but firm Anjou or Bartlett pears, halved and cored
- 2 tsp of olive oil plus 2 tbsp
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of old-fashioned oats
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 2 tsp of sugar
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 375F.
- On a baking sheet, place pears, cut side up, and drizzle with 2 tsp of oil.
- Toss almonds, pumpkin seeds, brown sugar, oats, salt, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil on a small baking sheet.
- Roast pears on upper rack for 30 minutes and almond mixture on lower rack for 12 minutes. Mix sesame seeds into the almond mixture. Let both cool slightly when done.
- Whisk mascarpone and sugar in a small bowl. Spoon mascarpone onto plates and top with pears and nut crumble.
Copyright 2013 Bacon and Souffle. All Rights Reserved.