With the Fourth approaching this weekend, it is safe to say that summertime is officially here. What better way to cool off than delicious and refreshing popsicles.
Golden Girl Granola sent me a bag of their Truly Tropical granola which has mango, cashews and coconut. They were amazing! Thank you Golden Girl Granola. I thought they would be the perfect ingredient for some tropical popsicles. These popsicles were made from a creamy smooth coconut and vanilla Greek yogurt base with just a touch of honey and accented with tropical fruits like blueberries, strawberries and mangos. The delicious granola added layers of crunch in each popsicle. A must make for any party or just a summer weekend.
- 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Siggi's)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/4 cup Golden Girl Truly Tropical granola
- 20 blueberries, washed
- 1-2 mangos, cut into 20 2-inch cubes
- 4-5 strawberries, washed and cut into 20 thin slices crosswise
- Popsicle mold and tray (mine makes 10 popsicles)
- In a blender, add coconut milk, yogurt and honey, and blend until smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp. of coconut yogurt mixture into each one of the 10 popsicle molds. Add 1 blueberry, 1 mango cube, and 1 thinly sliced strawberry into each mold. Add another tbsp. of coconut yogurt mixture and then 1 tbsp. of granola into each mold. Add 1 blueberry, 1 mango cube and 1 thinly sliced strawberry and another tbsp. of granola into each mold. Finally, add coconut yogurt mixture to top off each mold. Be sure to pound the popsicle tray lightly on the counter to make sure yogurt fills in any space.
- Top mold tray with cover and then insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours until ready. Rinse popsicle molds under warm water and wiggle the mold a little to get the popsicles out. Enjoy!
Copyright 2013 Bacon and Souffle. All Rights Reserved.