The day you make the fluffiest pancakes is the day your family treats you like a hero and the day you share the recipe with all cooks out there. So here it is!
This recipe adds a touch of orange zest to give the pancakes some freshness but you can make this recipe without the zest and oranges for just fluffy butter pancakes. I have become somewhat obsessed with pancakes. You can flavor them with anything from your fridge, pantry or farmer market finds. I make them with cocoa powder and chocolate chips, cinnamon and nutmeg powder, blueberry compote and fresh blueberries… the possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp of fresh orange zest
- Mandarin oranges and syrup, for serving
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl (flour, baking powder, salt, white sugar) and sift them with a sieve.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a small bowl except orange zest (milk, egg, butter, vanilla extract) and whisk.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until there are almost no lumps left but don't overwork the batter. Now add in the orange zest and mix gently until incorporated. Let batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat griddle over low to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle and cook until bubbles start forming and edges start to brown. Flip the pancake and cook for another minute or two until bottom is browned. Repeat for remainder of the batter.
- Serve with syrup and fresh mandarin oranges on the side.
Copyright 2013 Bacon and Souffle. All Rights Reserved.