When I saw that this recipe is one of Bon Appetit’s reader favorites, I decided to try it out. And oh my goodness it did not disappoint at all. It’s a bit like pound cake in cake form, plus the tangy and sweet raspberries, but at the same time fluffier and more cheese cake like because of the addition of ricotta. This may have just become my go to recipe for get togethers. Try it with blackberries, blueberries or any other berries you have at home. As summer fast approaches, I can’t think of a better recipe to showcase the fresh berries!
Recipe from Bon Appetit
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups ricotta
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, ricotta, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl. Gently fold in melted butter. Stir until incorporated. Then, add 3/4 cup raspberries. Gently fold while keeping raspberries whole.
- Coat a 9”-diameter cake pan or spring form pan with nonstick spray, sides and bottom. Pour batter into pan and scatter remaining ¼ cup raspberries over top.
- Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before removing cake from pan.
Copyright 2013 Bacon and Souffle. All Rights Reserved.